Sunday, January 20, 2008

Think Spring..............


By the title of this post can you tell it is a very cold day in Ohio. I know I am the one who wanted to move back up North to be close to family. And I know I was looking forward to the changing seasons and I know NOW I am ready for Spring.
The month of May was come, when every lusty heart beginneth to blossom, and to bring forth fruit; for like as herbs and trees bring forth fruit and flourish in May, in likewise every lusty heart that is in any manner a lover, springeth and flourisheth in lusty deeds. For it giveth unto all lovers courage, that lusty month of May.
It is about 7 degrees this cold winter morning, with the wind chill it is 5 below 0 and Charlie and I are making plans for a trip or now I guess I will call it a vacation. A vacation to the area where we lived for 9 years, a place where the sun shines all day and the palm trees dance in the warm breezes.
Charlie has been so good about the move back to Ohio so I think I can plan a mini vacation and make my self go with him to a warm climate.

Yes I think I can do this thing they call vacation in the warm sun shine state. I will start packing tomorrow. My favorite season is summer and autumn would run a close second with spring coming in third. Now winter will be right up there with the others if I can spend a month or two in the area where I use to reside. FLORIDA........Yes I can do this.

Friends of ours, Mary Jane and Ernie found us a small but comfortable place on the ocean in Englewood Fl. where we will stay for a month and then we will head up North to the Villages

While we are there we will stay with friends Deb and Jim and spend time visiting all of the friends that we made there. Yes I think I can do this thing they call vacation. Of course Winston is going with us and I think he will be ready to sit in the sun for awhile. The fun of a vacation is the planing of it so I will sit with a pen and a pencil and make a list of all I have to take along and what we want to do.


I have a few weeks to get ready and of course I will take my laptop with me so I can show the people up north what the sun looks like..........Have a wonderful Sunday and remember to think Spring with me........Sharon K

12 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like a trip to Florida will be a good thing! I just talked with my brother who is at his son's hockey tournament in Wisconsin and he said it's 18 below with a wind chill of 30 below. And I'm here in California complaining about it only being 43 degrees outside!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation and get warmed up.Thanks comig by.

smilnsigh said...

I'm glad you can go, as long as you want to. :-) 'Cause see, I just don't want to. Spent Jan., Feb. and March in FL one year. I have nooooo wish to go back. I know. I know. One of those funny people who truly enjoy the full 4 seasons. :-))))

But I know you will have a wonderful time. And will return when you have the kind of weather up here, with which you are more comfortable.

Have fun planning!!!

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

And your picture on your Side Bar is just fantastic. Either I missed it before. Or it is new there. Great!!!

Mari-Nanci

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hope you have a wonderful time in Florida!
Penny

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Sharon,
Always nice when I see your comments over on my site, Thank you.
A vacation someplace warm sounds wonderful, I'm sure you will have a great time.
Been really cold here the last few days, but thats to be expected I guess.
Going to the thrift store later today with my daughter, who know what I will find. Its always fun, even if I only find one or two little things, keeps me out of the high end stores HA.
Nancy Jo

BittersweetPunkin said...

A warm vacation sound wonderful! We have not had much snow at all here in WA but it did get down in the low 20's last night...brrrrr
Blessings,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've got an idea...ya'll swing by here and pick me up???
I really think I could do this thing called a Florida beachside vacation!!

a Pocket Angel said...

Sharon Kay, Your vacation sounds delightful. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Being from Northern Ohio myself yes it has been so very cold. Yesterday my furnace went out and I spent over 24 with only a small heater. It was 45 degrees in my cottage with the hearter going...What a blessing it was to see my firnace man this morning! Oh how nice sunny Florida would be right now.
I love the Spring, it's my favorite season and I'm looking forward to it. Your post is so lovely! Take care ~Mary~

Sharon said...

You lucky girl getting out of that cold weather. I know you will enjoy you vacation. Thank you for checking up on me, it was your last comment that finally nudged me back into the world.

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

Have a great vacation. I am also thinking of Spring but, it is also snowing here now! Thanks so much for stoping by my Blog. Connie

Nana C said...

Greetings, you have a lovely site, thank you visiting my blog also. I am trying to get a vision of how I would like the graphics to be on my sight. I have a generic template, but will change soon. May the Lord bless and keep you. See you on our sites Thank you Nana C

Teddy Bear


Family Memories

The Vintage Look.....

The Vintage Look.....

Leave a comment please.....

Leave a comment please.....

Credits Go To ..............

Credits Go To ..............