Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Days.............


I can not believe how fast this summer has gone. School sessions began here this week and all my little ones and teenage grandchildren are back in school. Years ago my Mother told me that the older you get the faster times goes and I being younger at the time would say Mother there are 24 hours in your day just like my day. Well not I do agree with her, the older I get the faster the time goes. I do not know how I worked for 27 years and got any thing finished...........but I did............ I think right now I have about 6 different irons in the pot and I am getting nothing fin shed. Next week when the children are back in school will be a good time for me to get some type of a schedule going or mark things off as I get to them. So much time and going no where is the name of the game I am playing.
So next week will be the week that I will have something to show on my blog. Something I fin shed. It may be tea and a desert but I will finished it.
I have to read the article below on this blog to remind my self that is all right to do nothing and it is all right to take a day of. I like so many women feel guilty if I have a me day. So this Labor day I will think about all the work and all the projects I have to do and some day when I am good and ready I will finish them. Thank you to every one that commented about the gift of growing old. I read it now I have to live by it. Have a wonderful holiday and remember to stop for that school bus. And to all that home school have a wonderful school year.

7 comments:

smilnsigh said...

"I like so many women feel guilty if I have a me day."

How fearfully well, this was drummed into little girl's heads... -sigh-

We are big girls now. Maybe time to sort through those *rules* and *should's* we've been incubating. Maybe time to make our own *rules* and drop all *shoulds.*

What would happen? What *awful* thing would happen, if we did that?!?

Would the world stop in its tracks? Would the Universe stop spinning? Would everything implode? -giggles-

See? See how little would come crashing down? :-)))

Maybe try twirling around like a little girl again... And wave bye-bye to all those "Other People's Rules and Shoulds"? And after we've made ourselves dizzy with twirling... laugh, and sit down and laugh some more. And then figure out our OWN path, for the rest of our lives...

If not now, when????????

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Tammy said...

You know...Labor Day weekened has just snuck right up on me...no plans is the reason I guess...I think I'll just relax...then go relax some more ;)

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Sharon:-) Oh yes, I agree with you, the days seem to fly past faster and faster as I get older!! I'm sure someone took away a couple of hours! lol The children start school on Sept. 4th over here...it will seem so quiet on the street with them all in school. I've been so busy with the canning and pickling these last couple of weeks, I haven't had time to do much of anything else...need to start thinking of Christmas soon!! xox

Unknown said...

I love your Blog! You are an inspiration to me. I am on the verge of empty nest and I am looking to women who have gone through it and can be role models to me. I like that you are so busy and you have a lot going on and I like it that you are celebrating your age and you are loving yourself!

Thank you for your encouragement!

Sharon

Judypatooote said...

TIME..........oh yes where did it go.....I am embarrassed to say that I still have my summer clothes in a basket upstairs, waiting to be pressed from the put away in winter.....now I have to go up and put them away again... maybe it's time to get rid of some of them.....Every Spring I just know that I will wear them....half of them I don't even like..... And I have so many craft projects to do... and it's time to weed again.. I use to love to go out and work in my garden....but now I work an hour and my back just kills me.....and as I get older, I find my self thinking about the old days.....just like my grandma use to do.....OH MY.....

Susie Q said...

Time just seems to fly by for me but Gracie just can not have it fly by quickly enough! Such is the difference between a 9 year old and one who is almost 51!
As always, I so love to be here visiting your sweet blog...

Hugs,
Sue

monique said...

I have to agree with you, time goes by much faster now that I'm older........It goes by way to fast!!!
Have a lovely weekend.
Monique

Teddy Bear


Family Memories

The Vintage Look.....

The Vintage Look.....

Leave a comment please.....

Leave a comment please.....

Credits Go To ..............

Credits Go To ..............