Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Have You Ever?


I have a story to tell...............
Have you ever known some one for many years and then found out you knew them many many years ago?
I have known Karen for nine years, Her and her husband Mark have been at Vista Villa for many years. One day a few weeks ago a few ladies were siting and talking, the conversation turned to a street in Toledo Ohio and the street was Nevada.
Karen then said you must have been raised on the east side and I said yes.......on Nevada St. and she said so was I.
Well to make a long story short she was raised across the street from me. I was a teenager and she was the little girl across the street. I knew Karen's grand mother and mother. Her grandmother knit blankets for both my daughters ( which they both still have ) Then Karen said ,I remember going to your wedding when I was a little girl. There are 10 years difference in our ages, and it was like I found that little girl across the street all over again. Today I went to Karen's new home for lunch and to meet her mother again. It was wonderful to sit and remember the neighborhood and think of the neighbors and how things use to be. My story goes on so please come back tomorrow and I will show pictures of Karen and her mother and also the neighborhood where I lived. It was a wonderful day filled with laughter and a few tears. Sharon K

15 comments:

Janice said...

What a wonderfully small world it is sometimes! I'm so happy for your reconnection with people you once knew!

Judypatooote said...

wow, it really is a small world.... what a great find......

Sheila said...

What a great story, and how fantastic you met her Mom again too..!
I love the illustration you used for your post.
I will come back to hear the rest of your story..!
hugs
xx

a Pocket Angel said...

Hello Sharon, Just wanted to stop in and ask that you please keep Amy (FourSistersInACottage) in your prayers today. She is having a radical bilateral mastectomy surgery.
Thanks so much!:-}~Mary~

LBP said...

YES! Your story reminded me of when I first started dating my husband. When I told my great aunt his name, she said "well you met him when ya'll were 2". Turns out she was a friend of his grandmother and had taken me to vist her and my husband, then aged two was there too.

Really small world!

smilnsigh said...

Sweet story... What a lovely entry.

I don't think I remember having such an experience but... I'm so glad you are sharing yours, with us.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Mari-Nanci

Carole Burant said...

It is indeed a small world...I've had something similar happen to me and it's just so exciting to meet someone who was from your childhood:-) Can't wait to see the photos!! xox

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Thank you for sharing...what a great story!

Jennifer, oxox

Karen said...

It is a small world! How exciting!

Tammy said...

I have a simular story but I won't fill up your comment section with it.
It is neat and awesome to get to re-know old aquantances!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon, I love the illustration and the story. I'll be looking forward to hearing what comes next.
Revka

Susie said...

What a lovely touching story! I'll look forward to reading the next part and seeing your pictures!!
:)

Susie Q said...

What a sweet story! I look forward to part 2!

Love the illustration!

Hugs,
Sue

Lallee said...

What a great story! How special that you are 'new' friends later in life.

Marlene Depler said...

Wonderful story! It is amazing how sometimes paths cross more than once.

Teddy Bear


Family Memories

The Vintage Look.....

The Vintage Look.....

Leave a comment please.....

Leave a comment please.....

Credits Go To ..............

Credits Go To ..............